Rock Climbing Lessons
Green Adventures provides rock climbing lessons for the new or inexperienced climber. This is a safe and exhilarating sport, and is really is something you have to try once in your life.
Rock Climbing equipment is completely safe – the rope and the system is redundant so if some part of a system fails, another system will catch that slack.
There are many places for experienced climbers to rock climb in Kenora. There are different grades of climbs – anywhere from a 5.1 to a 5.12. A 5.6 is in the mediocre stage which provides enough challenge so that you can make a climb, but when you are at the top you really feel that sense of accomplishment. And when you get to the top, you get to reset your limbs, take in the view.
We offer Skill + Instructor Courses for the following:
- We will teach you basic knots for rock climbing
- How to set up an anchor for top rope climbing
- The basic equipment and the function of the equipment
- Direct you to resources to areas with great climbing
- You can then “boulder” on our outside climbing wall
* Note: This is just a basic intro to the sport of rock climbing and by no means will you be ready to set up your own climbs after, many more courses should be taken and we strongly suggest joining the Alpine Club of Canada > www.alpineclubofcanada.ca SAFETY FIRST!